January 14, 2021 |
All, Fall Recipes, Food & Wine, Pinotage Recipe, Recipes, Winter Recipes |
This hearty dish is a great comfort on fall & winter evenings. Pour a glass of Pinotage, and enjoy.
1 large purple onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup dates, pitted & chopped
4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried ginger
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Brown oxtail thoroughly on high heat in olive oil. Salt well.
2. Sautée onion on low heat until soft. Add salt to this is well.
3. Add garlic to pan, then add herbs.
4. Add onion mix to the oxtail & cover with water.
5. Bring oxtail to a boil. Add dates & bell pepper.
6. Cook covered on low heat for 2 1/2 hours, or until meat falls off the bone.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste.