The Fort Ross Vineyard is located less than a mile from the Pacific Ocean, seven miles north of the Russian River and two miles south east of the old Russian Settlement of Fort Ross. Perched on steep mountain ridges, floating high above the coastal fog, at elevations from 1200 up to 1700 feet above sea level, Fort Ross Vineyard is the closest vineyard to the Pacific Ocean in all of California. With its marine sedimentary soils, long bright sunny days, gentle sea breezes and cool maritime climate, these steep coastal ridges have become one of the most highly regarded cool-climate growing regions in California.
Fort Ross Vineyard is seeking a self-motivated, high-achieving, passionate team-player to join the amazing Fort Ross Vineyard team! If you have passion for wine, possess ambition, high personal standards and presentation skills with gracious hospitality, we encourage you to let us know who you are.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Deliver an unforgettable hospitality experience for our guests
- Greet all visitors and pour wines for tasting experiences
- Educate guests about our wines and the uniqueness of our vineyard
- Provide estate tours
- Assist with outreach
- Sell wine and wine club memberships based on monthly goals
- Responsible for data capture
- Close and reconcile registers
- Solid wine knowledge (a must)
- Passionate about sharing your love of fine wines
- Sense of humor
- Evidence of superior sales performance preferred
- Proficient with POS software (Vin65 preferred)
- Must have the ability to handle multiple groups at one time, work in a fast paced environment, and be able to multi-task
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as it relates to the needs of the job
- Able to commute north of Jenner to our spectacular tasting room
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly and traverse the stairs and pathways of the winery and vineyard
- Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize a dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects
Weekday and weekend shifts available (3 to 4 days a week with the potential for full-time). Send resume & cover letter outlining your interest in Fort Ross Vineyard to email@example.com.